What to Expect from the Custom Cabinet Design Process
One of the biggest decisions you will make when remodeling your kitchen is what type of cabinets you have installed. Your cabinets are an important functional and aesthetic feature of your kitchen. When homeowners want the most durable and long-lasting cabinets, as well as a truly unique and personalized design made just for their home according to their personal design aesthetic and functional preferences, they choose to install custom cabinets. Unlike premade cabinets or even semi-custom cabinets, with custom cabinets, the homeowner has total control over all aspects of their cabinetry. Because of that, there are a lot of (fun) decisions to make that will heavily influence the final cabinet result. Below, we take a closer look at the custom cabinet design process and guide take you through each step so that you end up with a unique, efficient, and beautiful design that meets your needs and budget.
What to Expect During the Custom Cabinet Design Process with Cabinet & Stone:
- Initial Consultation: During the first meeting, we’ll discuss your vision for your new kitchen and what you hope to accomplish with the space. We’ll also discuss important factors such as your family size, cooking style, and entertaining needs. This information is essential in establishing the design and decor aesthetic that you’re looking to achieve in your kitchen.
- Measure Space: We’ll take precise measurements of each space in which you’re installing cabinets. We’ll also factor in the dimensions of appliances when designing your cabinetry. This ensures that your new cabinets fit perfectly and seamlessly in your kitchen.
- Layout & Functionality: How well your cabinets function for your lifestyle is as important (or more!) than how they look. We’ll assist you in designing a layout that maximizes functionality and storage while still looking beautiful. We’ll also help you choose cabinetry that fits within your budget while still meeting your needs.
- Design Computer Renderings: At Cabinet & Stone, we use computer renderings to show you what your new cabinets will look like before they’re installed. This helps you envision the finished product and make any necessary changes before construction begins.
- Deliver and Install: Once your custom cabinets are ready, we’ll deliver them to your home and then expertly install them.
- Final Walkthrough: After your new cabinets have been installed, we will review the entire process with you and ensure that you are completely satisfied with each detail of your new cabinets.